In some cases, you may want to copy a whole disk to a larger one to upgrade hard drive. Or you may just want to transfer the whole data to another hard drive to replace the hard drive or for some other reasons. Then you are faced with the problem: how can I transfer all these data to a new drive easily and quickly? By searching the internet, you know there are two ways to do this, the first one is to do backup and restore, and the second one is to clone the whole disk. And today we are going to talk about the second method.
How to copy a hard drive? Of course we will never adopt the “COPY-PASTE” method to deal with large amount of data. On the contrary, we should take the help of a partition software to realize it. Here we would like to recommend a piece of free partition software called MiniTool Partition Wizard.
MiniTool Partition Wizard provides users with the feature “Copy Disk” to help solve the entire disk to another disk, including all information on this disk. Windows cloned via “Copy Disk” would be bootable as long as the computer configurations are the same with the original one.
Then we will talk about how to upgrade to new hard drive or how to copy a hard drive with this partition wizard.
1. First of all, we should download and install this program.
2. Then launch MiniTool Partition Wizard and click “Copy Disk Wizard“.
3. In this page choose a disk to copy.
4. Then choose a target disk to store all the data. Please make sure you have connected the target disk to your computer before all operations.
Note: The target disk will be overwritten. Make sure you have nothing important in the target disk, otherwise, make a backup in advance.
5. Here comes the copy options. You can determine how would you like to copy the disk.
6. “Copy Partition Wizard” will remind you to configure computer BIOS setting if you would like to make the target disk as the startup disk. Click “Finish” to go back to the main interface. Last but not least, press “Apply” to make all changes effective.
• All data on target hard drive will be cleaned after you submit the operations above.
• The target disk should be basic disk and should be large enough to hold all the data in the source disk.
• The system will be restarted if the source disk includes system partition.
With such an excellent tool, you can save a lot of time and energy when upgrade hard drive. Why don’t you download it to help you replace a hard drive?