Why should I delete my partition? You may ask this question. In summary, you may need to delete a partition due to the following reasons:
1. The partition is unnecessary, there are too many partitions.
2. The data on the partition is of no significance and can be deleted.
3. The partition can be deleted to allocate some free space to extend volume.
4. In Disk Management, you need to extend a partition but the unallocated space faraway from the destination partition, so you have to delete an adjacent one following the target partition.
If you have several partitions on a disk and you don’t need one or some of them anymore, then you need to delete partitions. In addition, if all partitions are useless, you may want to delete all partitions to make things easier. After that, the partitions or the whole disk will become blank and you can reuse the space by repartitioning. Then, how to delete a partition?
Before you do:
1. If the partition you are going to delete contains any important data, then a backup in advance should be necessary.
2. It is not allowed to delete the system partition, because your computer will fail to boot.
Use Disk Management
Step 1. Right click “My Computer” or “This PC”, then choose “Management”-“Storage”-“Computer Management” in order. Then you will see the main interface of Computer Management.
Step 2: Right click on the volume you would like to delete and select “Delete Volume”. Then this volume will be deleted.
Use MiniTool Partition Wizard
Partition Wizard is another choice when deleting partitions. This freeware can be applied on all Windows personal computers including the one running Windows 7/8/10.
Step1. Select the partition that you want to remove in the main window and select “Delete Partition” to invoke the related dialog.
Step2. You see the target partition will be turned to unallocated space. Click “Apply” to execute the operation.
If you want to remove all partitions on the same drive, you can employ “Delete All Partitions” to save time.
When a partition is deleted, it will become unallocated space. With this unallocated space, you can recreate a partition or extend another partition by using MiniTool Partition Wizard.
This is the end of how to remove partitions. If you are try to delete a volume in windows, try theses ways.
Download MiniTool Partition Wizard