We all know that incorrect operations in Windows may lead to data loss, and sometimes even lead to partition loss. For example, when you run Diskpart in Windows to manage disks and partitions, such as extend or delete volumes, data loss or partition deletion may happen because the operation is irreversible. In this case, you need to recover the lost volume and retrieve the data. So today we would like to introduce a way to recover partitions with free partition recovery software – with MiniTool Partition Wizard.
Here are the tutorials on how to recover lost partitions as well as deleted partitions.
1. Launch MiniTool Partition Wizard, and select “Partition Recovery Wizard“. Then you will come to the welcome page.
2. Select the disk that you want to recover lost partitions from and click “Next” to continue.
3. Select search range and click “Next“.
4. Select the scanning method for partition recovery.
5. The lost partitions will be listed in the window, at this time tick the partitions you want to recover. Finally, click “Finish” to start the recovery operation.
Tips: you can double click the volume to check the content of the partition and confirm whether it is the one you want to recover.
After using the feature Partition Recovery of MiniTool Partition Wizard, you can see them in the main interface or Disk Management.
• This feature only supports lost partitions recovery from the selected disk. If you want to recover files from formatted or damaged partitions, it is better to use data recovery software like Power Data Recovery.
• If the recovered partition has no drive letter, you will not see it in Windows explorer. In this case, you need to allocate a drive letter to it by using the feature “Change Letter” of MiniTool Partition Wizard to manually assign a drive letter to make it showing.