In this year more and more people have Windows 10 installed on their computers, as Microsoft is pushing Windows 10. But the situation is that, most of these users are still use the traditional HDD as the system disk. In our former articles, we have said much about the comparison between SSD and HDD, and we strongly recommend to move Windows 10 from HDD to SSD for the better performance. Once Windows 10 is migrated to SSD, we can boot-up our computers within 20 seconds, which seems rather cool.
But how can we move Windows 10 to SSD without data loss? Can users just copy the system and paste it to SSD? Obviously NO. Here we’d like to introduce Windows 10 users a powerful Windows partition management utility – MiniTool Partition Wizard. This freeware offers a feature called “Migrate OS to SSD/HD Wizard” and can be used to move Windows 10 to SSD safely.
1. Download and install MiniTool Partition Wizard to PC. then launch it to the main interface. In the left menu area, press “Migrate OS to SSD/HD Wizard“.
2. Select SSD as the destination disk and click “Next“. Please note all data will be wiped so a backup in advance is necessary.
3. In this page, we can see three copy method. Choose one and click “Next“. We recommend to tick “Force to align to 1MB” to improve the performance of SSD.
4. Partition Wizard will tell you how to boot from SSD, please pay attention.
5. When we are back to the main interface, click “Apply” to start migrating Windows 10.
This is the end of how to migrate Windows 10 to SSD, we hope Windows 10 users will benefit from this post. If you think this is useful, you can share or take MiniTool Partition Wizard Free Edition to have a try.