To convert a dynamic disk to basic disk may be new to some inexperienced users, because they don’t know much about dynamic disk. Both basic disk and dynamic disk concepts are introduced by Windows 2000. The most obvious difference between the two disk types is the support of operating systems. Almost all the operating systems support basic disk while for dynamic disk, the situation is not so. Only operating systems after Windows 2000 support dynamic disk. What’s more, users can perform basic disk to dynamic disk conversion by using the built-in disk management in computer itself. However, achieving converting dynamic disk to basic disk without partition magic may result in data loss.
There are several reasons for users to convert a dynamic disk to basic disk. For example, they might perform this disk management operation because the current operating systems don’t support dynamic disk or they may perform the conversion just because of their habits. Whatever reasons they want to achieve this conversion for, they’d better select our partition magic – MiniTool Partition Wizard for data security.
To convert a dynamic disk to basic disk successfully with our recommended MiniTool Partition Wizard, users had better pay attention to the following two notes first:
Note 1. Converting dynamic disk to basic disk can be achieved in any other editions of MiniTool Partition Wizard except for the free edition.
Note 2. This partition magic can only help to convert dynamic disk to basic disk when there are less than four simple volumes or mirrored volumes in it.
After noticing this, users can start to convert dynamic disk to basic disk with ease.
1. Click “Convert Dynamic Disk to Basic” from the left action panel after launching MiniTool Partition Wizard and selecting the dynamic disk.
2. Click “OK” to proceed to next step.
3. Choose “Apply” and click “Yes” to carry out the changes.
4. Just click “Restart Now” when users see the “Notice” as the above screenshot which shows that operation “Initialize Disk” can’t be completed because Disk 2 is being used now.
5. Now, users can clearly see that the chosen dynamic disk has been successfully converted to basic disk after restarting the computer.
At the present time, users may want to convert a dynamic disk to basic disk themselves by using MiniTool Partition Wizard. We’d like to suggest them that they enter the certain page to see the comparison of the several editions of MiniTool Partition Wizard to choose the most suitable one for them. They could get MiniTool Partition Wizard right now to realize better disk management.